Today, Mobistar (Euronext Brussels: MOBB) Publishes icts results for the financial year 2012.
The Mobistar group Achieved a stable consolidated turnover of 1,650.5 million euros. In 2012, sales of mobile phones rose by 32.1% Compared to 2011, and the share of mobile data services in the revenues amounted to 41.4% at the end of 2012, Compared to the previous year 37.1%. The consolidated EBITDA amounted to 494.1 million euros and the net result 185.7 million euros. The results of the Mobistar group are in line with the targets set, Which Took account of the impact of the introduction of the règlements and the new telecom law on 1st October 2012. Mobistar is today presenting new icts “SuperMobile 2013-2015″ investment program. Provides program this year for additional investment of 150 million euros in order to accelerate the roll-out of the 4G network. Taking into account this investment program, the Board of Directors of Mobistar will propose the distribution of a dividend of 1.80 euro per share and submit this for approval to the General Meeting of Shareholders to be Held on 2 May 2013.
Download the Full Results; pr_Q4_2012_EN final (pdf)
1. Key facts
In 2012, the Mobistar group’s efforts focused on four major Were strategic programs:
Strengthening leadership icts in the mobile market activities:
Thanks to the success of the ‘Animals’ tariff plan and the MVNOs
- Towards the end of the year, Mobistar was ble to Quickly adapt to the entry into effect of the new telecom law on 1 st October thanks to the success of its ‘Animals’ tariff plans, Which give each Stock control over his own customer consumption, Enabling him to choose the subscription That truly corresponds to his needs. Mobistar Concluded the year 2012 with 8.340 more active than customers with a subscription at the end of December 2011. At the end of 2012, 43% of all residential customers postpaid Had an ‘Animal’ tariff plan. The customers who Opt for an ‘Animal’ tariff level with a 12-month contract with Mobistar Were Rewarded by a lifelong discount of 20% on the Amount of Their monthly subscription. During the course of the fourth quarter of 2012, Mobistar changed the price and the content of some ‘Animal’ tariff plan in order to better adapt to the new market Them situation. While the Beginning of the fourth quarter was a clear caractérisé by Increase in the number of postpaid customers Departing, the launch of competitive tariff plan was to turn this trend ble around as of the month of November 2012. The Increase of Mobistar’s customer base is due to the success of MVNOs icts. At the end of December 2012, Mobistar mobile telephony HAD 4,321,600 active customers, 5.3% more than the previous year.
- The sale of mobile phones in 2012 rose by 32.1% Compared to 2011. The Increase was greatest in the last quarter of 2012, thanks to the success Primarily of the iPhone 5 and the combined offer with the Samsung Galaxy S3. In this quarter sold 81.1 million euros Mobistar mobile phones of 38.6 million euros Compared to third quarter of the in 2012, or 110% more. During the end-of-year period, Mobistar Rewarded loyal customers icts with a limited-edition Subsidised mobile phone.
Developing services are available everywhere and That at all times:
Thanks to the significant Increase of the mobile data usage and the promising results of the 4G
- In 2012 the share of mobile data Pink Significantly, driven by the Increasing use of smartphones and mobile tariff plan include That data. At the end of December 2012, the share of mobile data services in the revenues amounted to 41.4%, 37.1% Compared to a year Earlier. The greatest growth was falling on the last three months of 2012, with year Increase of 70% in the use of mobile internet Compared to the previous quarter.
- The tests of the 4G network in Antwerp Began in September 2012, while Orange Communications Luxembourg SA Launched a commercial offer for 4G at the end of October 2012. Taking into account the inputs received from the first residential and business customers, Mobistar Decided to revise upward ambitions icts 4G deployment by 2015.
- In the fourth quarter Mobistar Launched the ‘combine & save’ offer for mobile customers icts. By Combining products with mobile broadband, digital TV and / or fixed telephone services, mobile customers receive a discount on each additional product. The gross number of mobile customers who Concluded year ADSL contract with the ‘combine & save’ offer Increased by 30% in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Offering the best customer experience on the market:
Thanks to the ‘Happy Customer’ program and the website makeover
- Mobistar continued to invest in the Services Provided to customers in order to icts Increase customer satisfaction. Various initiatives of the ‘Happy Customer’ program Were Implemented in 2012. In November 2012, Mobistar Launched the tariff personal check. Every six months will touch icts Mobistar customers and make a recommendation to adapt icts tariff Plan in Accordance With Their Evolving needs. Henceforth Their customers can receive invoice by e-mail and, if They Have questions, They Can Directly Contact a dedicated internal service. The automatic options menu was simplified so as to be ble to help customers more Efficiently via the call center. Thanks to the feedback received from our That We customers in the customer center test, icts Mobistar Could tailor products and services even more customer needs to Closely before Being put on the market.
- In 2012 the use of Mobistar Intensified social media into customer support icts, Which produced a turnaround in customer satisfaction. Launched in December 2012 a new residential Mobistar website. Thanks to the better ergonomics and the new design, find more customers Easily Targeted information on the products and services, and They Have Easier Access to Their Own customer area. For Mobistar, the sharp improvements in the criterion for customer satisfaction form portion of the Basis for future growth.
Managing the Costs of the company as Efficiently as possible:
Thanks to the ACE program transformation
- The preparation stage of the transformation program (ACE Agility – Cost – Efficiency) started the second half in 2012 and major cost savings generated Already in 2012. The program includes projects Such as the replacement of ‘leased lines’ by ‘microwaves’, e-invoicing and online sales.
The ACE program transformation is now operational stage and Beginning icts Officially kicks off on 1 January 2013. It is Intended to Reduce Mobistar’s cost structure by 30 million euros per year as of 2014 by Systematically améliorer all of the company’s processes. Mobistar will Achieve in total 100 million euros in additional savings Between 2013 and 2015.
View Category = Belgium, by using the following Link or Subscribe to Belgium’s News and Headlines RSS Feed. Alternatively why not subscribe to our Main Site Feed.
To View Current Belgium MVNOs, please use the following Resource
Want to see other Company Profiles?
*Use the Menu Above, to Jump to the Respective Companies Listing Page
** Pop Up Blockers may disable Menu
Image Credit; Logo © Mobistar
All trademarks mentioned in this release are the property of their respective owners
Subscribe to PrepaidMVNO’s Newsletter