In the first quarter of 2013 – according to the latest data made available by ‘AGCOM’ in its Observatory Quarterly TLC (as of March, 2013) – the MVNO market share is still growing in Italy.
Compared to 4,550,000 active SIM cards at the end of 2012, in the first quarter of this year the total share has risen to 4,820,000 (approximately 4.9% of market share), an increase of +270,000. Compared to the previous quarter, there is a new drop for Poste Mobile (which previously had 55.3% to the current 53.7% ) and ERG Mobile (down from 7.1% the previous quarter to 6.9% ).
Gainers were Fastweb Mobile and CoopVoce.
CoopVoce in the March issue of the “New Consumer” Magazine (the magazine is distributed to consumers and partners throughout the stores; Unicoop Tirreno, and has a print run of 257,175 copies) reported the CoopVoce has had tremendous success, and is now close to 1 million customers.
- Postemobile : 53.7% (2588340)
- Fastweb Mobile : 15.4% (742,280)
- CoopVoce : 7.5% (361,500)
- ERG Mobile: 6.9% (332580)
- Daily Telecom : 4.7% (226540)
Other Observations worth noting:
- In 1Q2013, the number of ported mobile lines reached, cumulatively, 53.5 millions. Mobile virtual operators were able to gain more than 1.3m net adds in the number of lines, stable compared to December.
- On a yearly basis, the net balance “donating-recipient” is negative for Telecom Italia (-698 thousand sims) and Vodafone (-630 thousand sims) and is positive for Wind (+366 thousand sims), MVNOs (+178 thousand sims) but especially for H3G (+775 thousand sims).
- On a quarterly basis, Telecom Italia’s and Vodafone’s balance worsened (from -188 to -370 thousands and from -91 to -230 thousands, respectively). H3G and Wind improved the already positive balance (from 168 thousands to 365 thousands and from 87 thousands to 222 thousands, respectively). Albeit slightly, MVNO is positive again (+14 thousands at 1Q13).
You can download the full Report here.
View Category = Italy, by using the following Link or why not subscribe to our Italian RSS feed, or our Main Site Feed.
To View current Italian MVNO Companies, please use the following Link.
Image Credit; Logo © AGCOM
All trademarks mentioned in this release are the property of their respective owners