After almost a year after DoT’s green signal for Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs), India might just get its first MVNO operator soon. Aerovoyce, a Chennai-based company has received approval for MVNO operations from DoT under its parent unit called ADPAY MOBILE PAYMENT PVT. LTD.
Sivakumar Kuppusamy, Founder & CEO of Aerovoyce told MediaNama that the company plans to launch commercial operations by 14th April 2016.
What Aerovoyce plans to offer
Aerovoyce, MVNO, India
Expanding on the company’s launch plans, Kuppuswamy added that the MVNO will start with Tamil Nadu telecom circle and expand to other circles later. It will primarily offer three kinds of products with a focus on expanding to rural towns and remote areas:
- Voice and Data SIM cards for B2C customers or general category of customers
- Data only SIM cards for IoT devices, and data cards
- Broadband Internet services (via partnership with ISPs)
- Fiber-based Internet services (via partnership with fiber ISPs)
- Enterprise/Corporate voice, data and Internet services
The company, however, did not mention the names of telecom operators and Internet Service Providers that it’s partnering with but confirmed that it’s in talks with multiple operators. It will reveal pricing details once it launches in April. Apart from voice and data services, Aerovoyce will offer commercial VSAT infrastructure for providing Internet in closed buildings and other Value Added Services like movies, sports updates, music, etc.